[Pythonmac-SIG] Developing Python extentions on Mac X OS

John Dean john at totalrekall.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 08:30:30 CEST 2004

Hi

I am attempting to port Rekall to the Mac, only I am acomplete newbbie when it comes to Mac application development; I am more at home on Linux or Windows. Rekall includes a large number of Python extentions, which need Sip and SlipLib. Sip, SipLib and the extentions are dependent on the Mac equivalent of libpython2.3.so (possibly libpython2.3.dylib) yet it doesn't seem to be available with the Apple supplied dev kits. Could somebody tell where I can find the python dylib or would I need to buold Python from scratch?

Thank you in advance

Regards
John Dean
co-author of Rekall,