[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript terminology caching #2

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Oct 22 10:45:23 CEST 2004

On 22-okt-04, at 1:26, has wrote:

>> There's all sorts of issues with starting daemons (like: will the
>> daemon be system-wide or per-user?
>
> It's a user-level process, so I guess that makes it per-user. Out of
> interest, does [Mac]Python run anything at any other level?

No, what I meant was "if user Jack starts ATS, then user Has logs in
(either via the net or with fast user switching), will he use Jack's
ATS?". Because that could have security implications (such as allowing
access to terminology for apps to which Jack has access but Has not).

But it turns out this is probably not a problem: as ATS uses OSA any
problem will exist with AppleScript without ATS too.
Goldman