[Pythonmac-SIG] Keystroke/mouse events

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 30 16:25:33 CET 2004

On 27 Nov 2004, at 22:05, Edward Majcher wrote:

> I need to intercept keystrokes and mouse events at the system level,
> basically like a keystroke logger, not being familiar enough with the
> apple frameworks, can anyone point me in the right direction as far as
> a python package?  I thought maybe  "Events" in the Carbon package but
> from reading the apple api documentation this leads me to believe this
> will only work for events in the current application, vs system wide.

I don't know of any API that allows you to do this. But it could well
be that there's something (maybe deep down in the accessibility
stuff?), you should ask on a generic MacOSX developer list. Then once
you've found the API you want we should be able to tell you whether
it's available from Python.
Goldman