[Pythonmac-SIG] PackageManager / Twisted & fpconst Problems -- was: Problems installing MacPython add-ons for 10.3

Stefan Kirchberg stefan.kirchberg at web.de
Fri Nov 26 17:15:46 CET 2004

Installing the add-ons was no problem on my system, which is a freshly
re-installed 10.3.6 (after a HD failure) with the latest online
updates.

But the Package Manager fails to load to the packet list
(version-0.3/darwin-7.6.0-.... ist not found, giving a HTTP 404 error).

So I tried to use 7.5.0 instead, which seems to work (but only as an
admin, ok).

Btw, the scrollbar in the package list widget is broken, it snaps back
to the list head.

Next, I tried to install Twisted by using the URL
http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-7.2.0-Power_Macintosh.plist.

Here I had a problem with the dependency package
'fpconst-0.6.0-source', which gave a MD5 checksum error and refused to
install.

What to do now??

Thank you, regards
  Stefan