[Pythonmac-SIG] another bundlebuilder question

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed May 19 13:45:55 EDT 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 2:35 PM, thor wrote:

> Hi and thanks again for helping !
>
>> The correct place would be your site-packages folder..
>
> Ok great! I've put it there now.
>
> I am still getting the same error:

Strange, I'll look into it later this week.  bundlebuilder2 and
macholib are still in the experimental stages.  The version I have
online may be older than what I built that example with.

>> What version of OS X and Python are you using?  What buildapp.py
>> script is this?
>
> OS X 10.3.3, Python 2.3, latest pygame and it is basically your
> buildapp.py script
> which I found in the CVS of the alien game you referred me to.
> buildapp(
>     name        = 'myApp.app',
>     bundle_id   = 'org.pygame.aliens',
>     mainprogram = 'main.py',
>     #nibname     = 'MainMenu',
>     #resources   = ["English.lproj", "../../data", "pkgdata"],
>     plist       = infoPlist,
> )
>
> I commented out the nibname and resources out as I am not
> using any of that in my program. Is that a mistake?
> What does the bundle_id do by the way?

Every bundle in OS X should have a unique bundle identifier.  Google
for CFBundleIdentifier.

>> It's a complicated process right now.
>
> Hmm. Yes, It seems quite complicated for me, but I am quite
> new to Python. Getting this to work would be a big step and
> make things much more interesting. (I might write some tuts
> online of how I managed to do this if I will be able to, so your
> help and tips could benefit others as well)

You should probably just wait until the situation has stabilized a bit
and better tools are available.  It could be soon, but I am quite busy
right now with paid work so I can't make any guarantees.