[Pythonmac-SIG] Wanted: stand-in moderator

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Jul 22 22:13:46 CEST 2004

Folks,
is anyone willing to act as a temporary moderator for pythonmac-sig
while I'm away on holidays, 3 weeks starting this weekend? Preferably
someone who has used mailman before...

The task is simple, but boring: you get about 50 email messages per day
about postings being held. You visit the moderator page, look through
the subjects, and usually it's clear they're all viruses or other junk,
then you simply select the "discard all postings marked as held" and
press submit. Once every three or four days there'll be something
resembling a legitimate message which you then have to look at, and
possibly accept before cleaning out the other junk.

Skip Montanero is co-moderator, but he hasn't replied to my email
earlier this week, so I think he may be away too.
Goldman