[Pythonmac-SIG] wxpython debugging

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 21 21:50:30 CEST 2004

Tom Pollard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently started trying to develop a simple wxPython application,
> but have become frustrated by the fact that I can't get tracebacks when
> my scripts crash.  It looks like the traceback is automatically directed
> to a GUI window when running my wxpython script, rather than the
> terminal or the console,

are you starting it from the terminal? if so, you have to initialize
your wx.App with 0 or False as the parameter. 1 or True indicates that
you want output directed to a created window, which is nice if people
are starting the app with a double-click, but not so good in that it
goes away on a crash.

So your startup code looks like:

app = MyApp(False)# put in True if you want output to go to it's own window.

app.MainLoop()

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov