[Pythonmac-SIG] advanced newbie questions

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Thu Jan 29 23:37:07 EST 2004

At 2:49 PM -0600 1/27/04, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:58:48AM -0700, steve harley wrote:
>, though i miss coding in an outliner; has anyone
>  > found a way to do this for Python, which is so obviously suited?
>
>I wish.  There are a few editors based on Scintilla which provide code
>folding, but it's nothing like Frontier's outline-based editing.

If by "outline-based editing" you mean you can do things like "fold"
lines based on indentation, then the next version of PyOXIDE will
support this (it's not perfect, since it's based _entirely_ on the
indentation of the file, and not on any language based information,
but it's at least a step).

If that's not what you mean, then, well, it won't.

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at delver.com
Theldrow, Blobbo, Cythera, oh my!
Be good, and you will be lonesome