[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding Python in 10.3 Panther apps

Robert White kranki2 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 16:58:02 EST 2004

I just spent a bunch of time investigating this for the darwinports
version of xchat2 on MacOSX 10.3 Panther.  I posted the things that I
found out in the wiki faq yesterday.  If you have any further
questions, I would be more than happy to try to answer them if I can.

It took me a while to figure it out since I had never worked with
darwinports, autoconf, automake, or libtools before.  Once, I figured
it out however, the answers were pretty easy.  I have sent a request to
Apple to update libtool to support the -u and -framework options, but
doubt that they will.  Anyway, I know a little more now than two months
ago.

Bob