[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] No more releases of MacPython-OS9?

Tom Emerson tree at basistech.com
Fri Jan 16 08:53:42 EST 2004

Jack Jansen writes:
> But the fact that 30% of the MacPython users are still downloading the
> OS9 binary really surprises me...

Have you considered sending mail to MindVision and asking them to
donate a license to the PSF? No doubt they are being inundated with
such requests, but it may be worth trying.

Are you using InstallerVise on OS X as well (I build from the
tarball)? If so I'd be willing to help migrate to the Apple
Installer. Then you could tell MindVision that you would like to
continuing distributing an installer built with InstallerVise only on
Mac OS 9 and earlier, and ask if they'll donate the appropriate
license. Who knows... perhaps they'll toss in the full deal.

    -tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com