[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] patching webbrowser.py for OS X

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Jan 12 15:39:30 EST 2004

On Jan 12, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Bob> * Internet Config is an old MacOS API that's mapped to Launch
>     Bob>   Services which launches the URL with your preferred browser
>
> If Internet Config is an "old MacOS API" will it eventually disappear?

In a few years, and if hell freezes over, maybe.  It's recommended that
new software uses System Configuration and Launch Services to replace
Internet Config usage, but disabling Internet Config would break a
whole lot of Carbon software.  Python doesn't have an official wrapper
for System Configuration (though I have one available), and the Launch
Services wrapper is new for Python 2.4.