[Pythonmac-SIG] Python.h include errors on OS X, using Python 2.3 framework

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Wed Feb 25 09:12:10 EST 2004

>>Why does everything on the Mac have to be so DIFFICULT?
>
>On Mac OS X things really aren't all that difficult: you just use make and
>gcc and be done with it, just like on any other unix machine... It's the
>legacy stuff from the pre-OSX era that can make things difficult.

Well, I agree. But unfortunately I'm stuck with supporting CFM applications.

>>You know, I tried going the Mach-O bundle/framework route because I
>>couldn't get MacPython PythonCoreCarbon to load with GetDiskFragment.
>
>I think you're going down a dead end, then: GetDiskFragment only works
>with CFM binaries. And the Python framework is a Mach-O framework. You
>could tie this into a CFM binary using a CFM to MachO bridge, but it is an
>incredible amount of work.

That was what I was going to do. I tried first doing it all in CFM with
GetDiskFragment and the Carbon Python Core, and that didn't work, so then I
tried putting my code in a Mach-O bundle and going through a bridge (which
really isn't that complicated). Then I ran into this problem with CW and
the Python.framework.

>You want to host Python in a CFM-based application, right? Then
>PythonCoreCarbon and MacPython-OS9 is really your only feasible solution,
>so you should try to find out why PythonCoreCarbon doesn't want to load.

That's my next step.