[Pythonmac-SIG] How do you debug Cocoa GUI with PyObjC applications

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 19 11:55:05 EST 2004

I'm asking how people trace/debug/watch Python applications that use
a Cocoa based GUI via
PyObjC. I've got the PyObjC examples set, and as I pretty much
expected they crash outright
when run from PythonIDE (conflicting event loops I imagine). When I
fiddle and try to run from a Terminal window using "pythonw
mainApp.py" I get an error message complaining about lack of an
Info.plist file, and finally when using the method of building a
clickable application using bundlebuilder the examples run, but there
is no obvious way to trace through the execution except by throwing
off a lot of alert windows.

Any suggestions or example files would be welcome!

Thanks
Vince Marchetti