[Pythonmac-SIG] Interpreting a crash dump?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Feb 12 15:52:40 EST 2004

On 12 Feb 2004, at 15:39, Robin Becker wrote:

> A 10.2 client has crashes using our dylib packaged python application.
> The dylib was built using the traditional configure make dance starting
> with a standard Python 2.2.2 tgz, then freeze was hacked to make the
> output a dylib rather than an executable.
>
> The client is suggesting a mismatch between the quark version of
> strncpy
> and the one that python wants to use

I think the problem may have to do with 2.2 linking with a flat
namespace (which was the standard way before OSX 10.2 came out). There
is a good chance that switching to 2.3 will make the problem disappear.
If that is not an option you could take the two-level namespace support
from 2.3 and backport it to 2.2.