[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app standalone options

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Dec 22 19:26:10 CET 2004

On 22-dec-04, at 14:29, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>>> anyone or anything else to stand in their way.
>>
>> <rant>
>> You obviously don't want it badly enough. Adding an option that will
>> make the application not include stuff from site-packages is not much
>> work, the patch is less that 100 lines (context-diff) and it took me
>> less than half an hour to write it.
>> </rant>
>
> You did write it incorrectly, though.

Sure (that's why my patch was not included in my message to the list),
but if someone really wants to have such an option he can implement it
within a reasonable timeframe.

I'm quite happy with the current functionality of py2app, --exclude is
the right way to exclude some packages from the application bundle.

> Needless to say, this functionality won't be popping up in 0.1.7 :)

Fine by me. It was fun to have a look at the implementation of py2app.

Ronald