[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing Twisted-1.3.0

Erik van Blokland erik at letterror.com
Tue Dec 21 23:22:58 CET 2004

Hi,

this question might be more appropriate for a twisted forum. But before
I throw myself to the wild animals, perhaps someone on this list has a
clue for me.

I'm attempting to install Twisted-1.3.0 on a G4 powerbook. I have
installed the same version of twisted on a different G4 with OSX
Server, and on another machine - plain OSX, all works fine. Now I want
to include a 12" powerbook in the happy family, but it won't compile.
As far as I can tell the pythons are all the same version, plain Apple
2.3. OSX 10.3.5.

Python version:
Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin

Now then, installing Twisted-1.3.0 gives me this error. ~This is the
shorter version, without all the copying. It's done that.

[eBook:/code/Twisted-1.3.0] erik% sudo python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
Checking if C extensions can be compiled, don't be alarmed if a few
compile errors are printed.
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp
-mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3 -c conftest.c -o conftest.o
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp
-mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3 -c conftest.c -o conftest.o
building 'twisted.spread.cBanana' extension
gcc -Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python
build/temp.darwin-7.7.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3/twisted/spread/cBanana.o -o
build/lib.darwin-7.7.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3/twisted/spread/cBanana.so
ld: can't locate file for: -lbundle1.o

after that twisted imports in python, but not much else -- twisted.web
fails. Just for luck I tried the upgrade to 10.3.7 didn't make any
difference.

Any clues are welcome. Otherwise, merry christmas :)

Cheers,
Erik