[Pythonmac-SIG] Offline package installs with PackMan

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Wed Aug 18 05:23:56 CEST 2004

Hi folks-

I've used PackMan to add packages to Python 2.3 (Panther) on my laptop,
which I can bring to work where I have a fast net connection.  I kept
copies of all the packages and copied them to my desktop G4 at home,
which lives on a dialup connection.  Is there any way I can use
PackMan to install those packages?  If necessary I'll just download
the source and install them the usual way (python setup.py install),
but it seems with the binaries available there should be an easy way to
do this with PackMan.

Thanks,
Tom