[Pythonmac-SIG] Quicktime, versions, 3GPP

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Aug 16 00:15:08 CEST 2004

On 26 Jul 2004, at 22:40, michael ferraro wrote:

> hello --
>
> i was about to start a project that employed Quicktime to output,  in
> real-time
> the contents of my OpenGL window.  I am doing this in order to use a
> Quicktime
> based SDI output card (The Blackmagic Decklink) to convert to video
> without
> using a scan converter (The scan converter approach digitizes the
> monitor
> output and does not let me output a simultaneous alpha channel.
>
> I checked out python from CVS and used my python2.3 to run setup.py in
> Mac/Modules/qt to
> build the new stuff.  The compile seemed to go ok by the install
> generated a number of
> messages

[...]
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/site-packages/QuickTime/QuickTime.py:3122: FutureWarning:
> hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python
> 2.4 and up
>   notImplementedMusicErr = (0x80000000 | (0xFFFF &
> (notImplementedMusicOSErr)))
[and lots more like this].

I think these are not a problem, just ignore them, they'll go away with
2.4. You can quench them with the warning package
(warnings.filterwarnings() is the call you want to use), but because
the warnings are issued by the parser you have to call
warnings.filterwarnings in the module importing QuickTime.QuickTime, I
can't do it in the module itself.
Goldman