[Pythonmac-SIG] What comes on Panther?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Aug 9 22:07:14 CEST 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 3:38 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

> Between having a Jaguar installation of MacPython ... and having
> someone else upgrade my machine to Panther (while not thinking
> to delete anything first) ... and now installing the add-ons ... I am
> confused. I may have ended up with some mixture of two versions.
>
> Could anyone please tell me what pieces of MacPython come with
> Panther? And where they are located?

Panther comes with Python 2.3.0 in /usr/bin/pythonw? and
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework with site-packages
symlinked to /Library/Python/2.3/.  There are instructions for removing
the user-installed 10.2.x installation on the MacPython website:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/uninstall.html