[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Setup for Darwinports

Robert White kranki2 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 20:59:47 EDT 2004

I may have missed it, but I am not aware any macpython people
contributing to the discussions of how to properly implement Python in
MacOSX  and none of the darwinports people seem to be active on
macpython when major discussions of how to implement python and
pythnon-related software in darwinports are occurring.  Since I belong
to both mailing lists, but do not feel that I am knowledgeable enough
to comment on technical details, I think that it would be worthwhile if
some of the people on darwinports who are implementing the new python
implementation consulted with some on the macpython group and vice
versa.  I have found that there is a significant amount of in-depth
knowledge of the apple-installed python and running multiple pythons
under MacOSX in the macpython group.

If this has already occurred, I apologize for having missed that point
and you can disregard this msg.  Otherwise, it is just an
observation/suggestion and sorry for not thinking of it sooner.

Just my $.02, FWIW.