[Pythonmac-SIG] ctb module in MacPython 2.2.3 or 2.3.3

David Willcox dwillcox at prairienet.org
Tue Apr 6 22:40:24 EDT 2004

At 1:15 AM -0400 4/6/04, Francis Avila wrote:
>On Apr 6, 2004, at 12:00 AM, David Willcox wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the reply, but OS9 and OSX are pretty substantially
>>different beasts. There doesn't seem to be a pySerial with the OS9
>>version of MacPython, and I doubt that anything from the OSX
>>version of Python would work on OS9.
>
>I see mentions of a mactty module in OS9's MacPython.  You may want
>to check that out.  However, it seems to be undocumented.
>--
>Francis Avila

mactty looks like it might be useful, but it is just a wrapper for
ctb.  It presents an easier interface, but depends on ctb for the
actual I/O.

But I've at least partially answered my original question.  I
discovered that ctb is present in the Classic version of 2.2.3 but
not the Carbon version.  There is no 2.3.3 Classic version.

Apparently the communication tool box doesn't exist in Carbon.  I
wonder if has been replaced by something else.

David Willcox