[Pythonmac-SIG] Adding functionality to existing MacPython installations

Sarwat Khan sarwat at sarwat.net
Thu Sep 25 20:19:43 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 06:32  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:
> 1. Why do you use TECManager in stead of Python's builtin unicode
> support?

I haven't used Bob's TECManager but I'll second its usefulness. Apple's
text encoding support is far more functional than Python's, including
support for just about any script system in use on Windows and on the
Mac. If you go to Safari's View > Text Encoding menu, you'll see a list
of popular text encodings used on the web. Several of them aren't
available in Python, such as Traditional Chinese.

{sarwat khan : http://sarwat.net}