[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQL-python

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Sep 23 20:55:14 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 19:16 America/New_York, Craig Amundsen
wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to build the MySQL-python module (v0.9.2) using the fink
> version of python (2.2.2) on a G4 iMac running 10.2.6 (and 10.2.8 for
> that matter) and I'm getting this error:
>
> line 1033, in gen_lib_options
>   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/posixpath.py", line 65, in split
>     i = p.rfind('/') + 1
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'rfind'
>
> when I try to run
> /sw/bin/python setup.py build

That's awfully strange, string objects have rfind, ints obviously do
not.

I'm not sure why you're using fink python, but if you use MacPython 2.3
you can install MySQL (precompiled) directly from my Package Manager
repository:

See:
	http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/download.html
	http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.html