[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Editor for Mac

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Mon Nov 10 06:10:25 EST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 5:51 AM, Kai Vermehr wrote:

> I'm starting with Python on Mac and I'm searching for an editor.
> BBedit seems to be the best choice at this moment ... but are there
> alternatives? How about Xcode, SubEthaEdit or others?

I use vim (http://www.vim.org), but I'm a unix user.  Other unix users
use Emacs, which is equally arcane.. :-)  As far as native mac editors,
Xcode's built-in editor doesn't seem too bad, and BBEdit does a  good
job.  SubEthaEdit is very cool for collaborative environments, but
unless that's of great benefit to you, the programming features
probably need a bit more work before it should be used as a standalone
editor.  There's also Alpha
(http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/Alpha/AlphaX/), which is a great
mac editor, extensible in TCL.

--