[Pythonmac-SIG] Conflict between libjpeg in wxPython and PIL

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Nov 7 10:16:07 EST 2003

On Nov 7, 2003, at 10:09 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 7 nov 2003, at 15:51, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>>
>> It links against libtiff, and has a patch applied to the sources.. it
>> was mentioned to this list a while back, search for "TIFF Group 4",
>> the patch itself is at:
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2003-July/002354.html
>>
>> Also, I have mine linking against freetype as well, are you doing
>> that?
>
> Do you have a kind of meta-packman that contains information about how
> to build the binary packages?

I am the meta-packman :)  Generally I just make sure I have all the
correct stuff installed, sometimes I modify the setup.py (or create
one, that just puts the .so and .py files in the right place, in the
case of metakit or something).

> BTW. the pimp module doesn't seem smart enough to build packages that
> require multiple source achives (such as PIL + libjpeg + freetype).

That's why I only really bother with binary archives.. last I checked,
the pimp module also isn't smart enough to build something that needs
any other steps happen before setup.py (like with PIL's libImaging), so
I think Jack is using one with a modified setup.py.