[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issue

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Nov 4 14:24:29 EST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 2:08 PM, Dethe Elza wrote:

> Dethe Elza wrote:
>
>> which I can take up with the maintainer.
>
> And which, moments after sending that message, I realized was you.
>
> So, is the list at
>
> http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh.plist
>
> up-to-date for Panther?  I'm still getting silent failures, although
> in the Verbose window, curl appears to be doing its thing.  Am I still
> missing some incantation, besides nuking my old python2.3?

This list is not updated for Panther (panther is darwin-7.0).  It's
possible to make it work (this is a workaround, not a solution!) by
moving the files from the
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages to /Library/Python/2.3/ -- you can make it work even smoother
by removing the
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages folder and putting a symlink named "site-packages" to
/Library/Python/2.3/ in its place.  Note again, this is a workaround!
Please be ready to re-install these packages once I have a real Panther
distribution of them ready.

I do plan on updating everything on my list for Panther in the next
week or so, and will probably discontinue my Jaguar support as I don't
really have the time/desire to maintain two sets of packages right now.
  I'll make a post to this list as soon as the Panther list is
available.