[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo redux

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Nov 4 11:33:48 EST 2003

Sorry to bring this up.. but it took a couple months to get this :)

I had my roommate ( Evan Mathis - http://www.morevisual.com/ ) come up
with a new MacPython logo:
	http://undefined.org/python/py_mac-sq-256.png (the original is in
Photoshop format, and is much higher resolution than this)

Which is a potential replacement for:
	http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/pics/MacPyBanner.gif
	(look at it from http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/ -- the
transparency on that gif is.. weird)

Another suggested candidate was:
	http://gandreas.dsl.visi.com:8000/IndyIcon.tif (Glenn Andreas)

So, anyone like it, hate it?  I know that some people are opposed to
the snake, but this one is not a photo of a real Python.  I like it,
and other Python-the-language-related-things use
Python-the-snake-related-identities and I think it's important to keep
that kinda consistent.  A 16 ton weight takes quite a few leaps to get
there and I don't believe other Python-the-language-related-things use
16 ton weights.  And as discussed before, the cool Python text featured
on http://www.python.org/ does not work at small resolutions, so that
is not an option.