[Pythonmac-SIG] Scrolling problem with PythonIDE

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:38:28 EST 2003

Hi folks-

This seems to be my week for scrolling problems!

When I use the MacPython2.3 IDE (on 10.2.6), if a window contains a
lot of content and I clicke above or below the scrollbar bubble to
move the view one page up or down, it always moves at least 2 pages.
It doesn't matter how quickly I tap the mouse; it always acts as
if it is receiving two clicks.  No other app has this difficulty,
so I doubt it's a hardware or driver problem (I'm just using
Apple's own mouse).  Is this perhaps a known TclTkAqua bug?

I can move the window up or down as needed by clicking on the
scrollbar arrows or dragging the indicator, but I frequently
work interactively, dumping a lot of output (from numerical
calculations) in the Output window, and clicking above the
scroll indicator is definitely the most efficient way to move
around for me much of the time.

Thanks,
Tom