[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issues

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Nov 2 14:16:20 EST 2003

It's getting there!  This one works (w/ wxPython, 5-6 "bouncemarks" on
my 1ghz pbg4) but:
	1) the executable is almost 29 megs! woah!  Doesn't even include
Python itself :)
	2) it doesn't work w/o Jack's MacPython installed because you put
#!/usr/local/bin/python in the bootstrap script
	3) Lots of messages like this in the Console:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Users/bob/Desktop/wxPackageManager.app/Contents/Resources/
wxPackageManager.py", line 498, in OnListClick
     self.lblVersion.SetLabel("Version: " + pkg.version())
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
	4) "View Homepage" button is activated for the first entry, even
though IDLE doesn't have a homepage associated.  Doesn't validate these
controls until you change to another package.
	5) cmd-Q doesn't work
	6) visual bugs (probably wxWindows' fault)
		- "bullet" doesn't have transparent background, so it has a white
square when highlighted
		- sometimes (about 1/2 the time) when scrolling down by keyboard the
highlight only covers the bottom 3/4 or so of the item

-bob