[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.3b1 installer options

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Sat, 3 May 2003 01:07:10 -0700

Hi Jack,

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 05:05 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On vrijdag, mei 2, 2003, at 23:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
> wrote:
>> Since you said you were interested in suggestions, what about
>> wxPython...? ;-)
>
> Why is it that this suggestion doesn't come as a surprise? :-)
>
> Ok: hold my hand, tell me what to download, how to test it, and how to
> create the bdist-dumb and I'll give it a go.

If you want to give it a quick spin, you can download and install the
binary version at: http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries. To
test the installation, run
/Applications/wxPythonOSX-2.4.0.7/RunDemo.app. (BTW, I just noticed -
the new wxIntCtrl class is crashing for me on OS X, so skip that test.
^_^; I'll send a note about it to the wxPythonMac list.)

To build from source, you can either pull the wxWindows CVS tree or
download a source tarball from wxPython.org. CVS access instructions
and the source tarball are located here:

http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#cvsaccess

Then, follow the build instructions listed here:
http://www.wxpython.org/BUILD.osx.txt.

That should get you a running wxPython installation.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, or feel free to post
them to the wxpython-mac@lists.wxwindows.org. Thanks for looking into
this!

Kevin