[Pythonmac-SIG] Building PPC Mac extension modules - newbie help!

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:37:00 -0000

> 2. I am now using your GUSI and your MacPython source distribution.
> Most things (GUSI, buildlibs) start to build but give loads of error
> messages. The most common one is this:
>    Error: identifier time_t redeclared, was "unsigned long" now "long"

As a quick hack I commented out "typedef long time_t"
  in MSL:MSL_C:MSL_Common:Include:ctime
and things get a LOT further.

- The 'xx' example actually builds and imports into Python.
So, it seems one can build extensions without building
full Python

- The PythonStandAloneSmall project now gets a very long
way, but complains about the GUSI lib files.

- GUSI gets much further too but still gives lots of
errors that are beyond me.

The last 2 are beyond my C abilities to fix now but I
can at least make progress on the extensions.  If anyone
does have working project files for CW8 that would be
great, if not I will try to make them myself in
due course.

Thanks,

Andy Robinson