[Pythonmac-SIG] State of Python on the Mac

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 01:33:31 -0500

Pete,

First of all, It's not easy to redistribute.   Otherwise, most of the
packages I'd really want to use are nonfunctional, not present, or just
wouldn't install right.  For example, I wanted to see if glade would
work on top of Apple's X11 with fink.. it wasn't in stable, couldn't
get it to work otherwise.  I didn't have the time or need to mess
around with it for very long, I was hoping fink would just do it, but I
resorted to using a linux box instead because I had more important
things to do at the time.

I've pretty much gotten used to the fact that if I want to run X11
software (rarely) I should just do it on a linux box.

-bob