[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem using buildapp

Leighton Pritchard lep at aber.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 18:11:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm having trouble with an application I've built using buildapp.  It runs
fine on my Powerbook G4, but throws the following wobbly to the console on
my colleague's Titanium Powerbook:

16:57:50: Debug: wxMac library installation name is
'/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd-2.4.0.dylib'
16:57:50: Debug: wxMac resources file name is
'/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd-2.4.0.rsrc'
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
warning: raising a string exception is deprecated
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/Users/hywel/Desktop/PyPCRSimGUI.app/Contents/Resources/ PyPCRSimGUI.pyw",
line 13, in ?
from MDMEditor import MDMEditorPanel
File "/Users/lep/Documents/CVSworkspace/PyPCRSim/MDMEditor.py", line
11, in ?
File "/Users/lep/Documents/CVSworkspace/PyPCRSim/MDM.py", line 25, in
?
File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/Numeric/Numeric.py", line 472, in ?
File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
pickle.py", line 34, in ?
import struct
ImportError: Failure linking new module: : dyld:
/Users/hywel/Desktop/PyPCRSimGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/PyPCRSimGUI
Undefined symbols:
/Users/hywel/Desktop/PyPCRSimGUI.app/Contents/Resources/struct.so
undefined reference to __PyFloat_Pack4 expected to be defined in Python
/Users/hywel/Desktop/PyPCRSimGUI.app/Contents/Resources/struct.so
undefined reference to __PyFloat_Pack8 expected to be defined in Python
/Users/hywel/Desktop/PyPCRSimGUI.app/Contents/Resources/struct.so
undefined reference to __PyFloat_Unpack4 expected

To be honest, I'm not sure what's going on here.  Please could any of you
enlighten me?

If more information is useful, let me know.

Dr Leighton Pritchard AMRSC
T44, Cledwyn Building, Institute of Biological Sciences
University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK, SY23 3DD
lep at aber.ac.uk                  (01970) 622353
PGP key 47B4A485: http://www.keyserver.net http://pgp.mit.edu/