[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: MacPython 2.3 final

Chris Lee cjl at physics.otago.ac.nz
Thu Jul 31 11:58:40 EDT 2003

curl is ftp isn't it?  Well I have a ftp proxy set up but it must use
passive mode.  Is there an environment setting for that?
The help page isn't all that explicit in giving help here and the ADC
technote it points to is designed to help people who know all about
setting environment variables already.  I know you all are busy but a
lot of people like me will need it to work out of the box (with maybe a
few well described and easy to handle tweaks) in which case something
like this needs to be fixed.

Cheers
Chris

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 10:29  AM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On donderdag, jul 31, 2003, at 00:16 Europe/Amsterdam, Chris Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi Jack,
>>
>> I have just tried out the Package manager again.  It now loads up the
>> plist file fine but can't actually download and install anything
>> The reported error is e.g. 'PIL-1.1.4-binary:download:download
>> command failed'
>> Here is the verbose response
>>
>> + cd "/tmp"; curl --output
>> /tmp/PIL-1.1.4.darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.tar.gz
>> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/pimp/PIL-1.1.4.darwin-6.6-
>> Power_Macintosh.tar.gz
>> curl: (5) Couldn't resolve proxy 'cjl'
>> PIL-1.1.4-binary: download: download command failed
>
> It looks as if they are. Could you follow the instructions in the
> PackMan section of MacPython  Help? If you already did that: could you
> send me your .MacOSX/Environment.plist file, maybe I can deduce what
> goes wrong...
> --
> - Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
> http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
> - If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma
> Goldman -

Chris Lee
Physics Department
Otago University