[Pythonmac-SIG] Docs for Carbon.file??

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 30 16:21:04 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

Are there any docs for the Carbon.File module (and the rest of the
Carbon Package).

I'm not much of a mac programmer (Python is the only language I've ever
programmed on the Mac with), so all this Mac stuff is a mystery to me.

In any case, I need to set the type and creator of a file just created
by my program. Poking around, I found that this appears to work:

			import Carbon.File
			mac_file = Carbon.File.FSSpec(filepath)
			info = mac_file.FSpGetFInfo()
			info.Creator = "COSM"
			info.Type = ".SAV"
			mac_file.FSpSetFInfo(info)

I figured this out by trying things out, I couldn't find any docs. What
I have seems to work, but it also seems a whole lot clunkier that it
should be. Is there an easier way?

I'd love to see a:

Carbon.File.SetType( filepath, type)

or something like that.

-Chris

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov