[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: MacPython 2.3 final

Chris Lee cjl at physics.otago.ac.nz
Thu Jul 31 11:16:23 EDT 2003

Hi Jack,

I have just tried out the Package manager again.  It now loads up the
plist file fine but can't actually download and install anything
The reported error is e.g. 'PIL-1.1.4-binary:download:download command
failed'
Here is the verbose response

+ cd "/tmp"; curl --output
/tmp/PIL-1.1.4.darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.tar.gz
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/pimp/PIL-1.1.4.darwin-6.6-
Power_Macintosh.tar.gz
curl: (5) Couldn't resolve proxy 'cjl'
PIL-1.1.4-binary: download: download command failed

Are my proxy setting still stuffed up?

Cheers
Chris

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 02:56  AM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Folks,
> I think MacPython 2.3 is finished. The installer should work, all the
> PackMan
> stuff should be in place and the new website is there.
>
> Please go to <http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython> and give it a try.
> Also please try to install some stuff through PackMan: I think I have
> fixed
> everything so report back if something misbehaves.
>
> I will let you all have a go at it for another day or two, so we can
> iron out the
> last issues, and then I'll announce it more widely.
> --
> Jack Jansen, <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack
> If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma
> Goldman

Chris Lee
Physics Department
Otago University