[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: MacPython 2.3 final

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Wed Jul 30 13:28:58 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 12:11  PM, Israel C. Evans wrote:

> I ripped everything out and did a clean install.
> After trying the Package manage to download wxpython to /tmp, I
> installed it manually, and tried importing wxPython into command line
> python and got this error:

> 12:06:19: Debug: wxMac library installation name is
> '/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd-2.4.0.dylib'
> 12:06:19: Debug: wxMac resources file name is
> '/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd-2.4.0.rsrc'
>

> All I did was try to import all the packages and this is the only one
> that didn't work as planned.
> Everything else imported nicely.
>
> Any recommendations on how I should test these guys?

If you downloaded and ran the wxPython installer disk image, you should
see a new folder in Applications called "wxPythonOSX-2.4.1.2". Inside
this is a set of wxPython demo scripts, which you can double-click from
the finder to run.

BTW, those debug messages are harmless. They are actually indicating
that the library did start up correctly.

Hope this helps,

Kevin