[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jul 30 00:02:47 EDT 2003

On dinsdag, jul 29, 2003, at 22:49 Europe/Amsterdam, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On dinsdag, jul 29, 2003, at 22:36 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
> wrote:
>> Jack and all, if I agreed to rebuild PM this weekend in wxPython (and
>> it works ^_-), would you be open to using that as a starting point
>> for future development?
>
> I would very much like it if you redid PackMan in wxPython, and it
> should be easy, see my other mail on the subject. It will, of course,
> turn out not to be easy because I overlooked various things, but then
> we'll fix those [*].

Error: dangling footnote:-)                ^^^

[*] pimp can update itself, it tries to import a module "pimp_update",
and if it exists things from pimp_update will override things from pimp
itself. So if there are critical fixes we simply put out a new version.
The current version (0.3) would then point to a database that offers
one choice only: update pimp itself. Of course, none of this has been
tested, but when we need it it will turn out to magically work without
any debugging:-)
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -