[Pythonmac-SIG] FAQ item

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 29 22:23:42 EDT 2003

On dinsdag, jul 29, 2003, at 19:06 Europe/Amsterdam, Skip Montanaro
wrote:

>     Israel> I would love for the PythonIDE to have Syntax coloring..
>
> So submit a patch. ;-)

Just a warning that people probably shouldn't spend too much time on
the current IDE:
we should consider it at the end of its useful life. The W toolkit on
which it
is built predates even Appearance Manager, and it's design has resisted
any
attempt to make it appearance-mgr compatible. Moreover, nowadays we
have Cocoa,
which would do a lot of things automatically, and there are lots
of all-singing-all-dancing edit widgets and other things available that
we could
put to good use.

Some time next week I'd like to start a discussion on what people would
like
to see for the future, and what they're willing to help with.
Cocoa-ification
of IDE and Package Manager is going to be topmost on my list, that
much I know:-)
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -