[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Tom Elliott telliott at hsc.wvu.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:12:12 EDT 2003

Running MacPython-2.3 installed from the binary installer
MacPython-OSX-2.3rc2-3.dmg, under OS X 10.2.6.  Used PackMan to install
everything available including PIL-1.1.4-binary

If this script is run with the third line uncommented:

import Image
im = Image.open("/Users/telliott/Desktop/x.jpg")
im.show()
print "got here"

I get the classic "IOError: decoder jpeg not available", which I've
seen discussed at length here and elsewhere.  But I thought that since
Jack "built the PIL distribution on a system where libjpeg was
available" this shouldn't happen.  Did I just screw up or what?

Tom