[Pythonmac-SIG] Idea on RootInstallOnly problems

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Jul 25 00:03:14 EDT 2003

I have an idea on the problems with RootInstallOnly, let me bounce it
off you. It may have to do with the partition you use for your boot
disk: if it's the first partition on your disk then things worked fine
with the -6 installer, if it is not the first partition then things
don't work.

I noticed that at work things went wrong (the boot disk selected, but
an error message with "(null)" in it and I had to select another disk
and the boot disk again to make things work), but at home everything
works fine.

At work my setup is that I have two IDE disks, with OSX running on the
second partition of the second disk (disk1s9).

At home I have one IDE disk and one firewire disk. OSX is running on
the first partition of the firewire disk (disk1s4).

--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -