[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.3 benchmark request

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Wed Jul 23 15:00:03 EDT 2003

Has anyone posted benchmark comparisons of various Macs running 2.3? If not,
maybe we could do that on a wiki page to simplify people adding some
numbers. In particular, I'm wondering about the differences between the
various PowerBooks. I'm considering getting a 12" or 15" PB to replace my
733MHz G4 tower. I realize that neither pystone or pybench measure disk
performance and video I/O but I am curious about the impact of the L3 cache.

The simplistic test would just be to use pystone.

>>> from test import pystone
>>> pystone.main()

A more elaborate benchmark is to use pybench 1.0:

  http://www.egenix.com/files/python/Introduction.html#page2

ka