[Pythonmac-SIG] troubles with tcl...

Israel C. Evans israel at sandlotgames.com
Wed Jul 9 17:46:47 EDT 2003

Hello there good people.

I'm currently playing around with PAWS v1.4 and when I start it
(doesn't matter if it's command line or doubleclick), I get something
like the following.

'''
Unhandled exception in thread started by
                                          Traceback (most recent call
last):

      File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-
tk/Tkinter.py", line 963, in mainloop
                     self.tk.mainloop(n)
                                        RuntimeError: Calling Tcl from
different appartment
'''
Does anyone have any ideas about how Tcl is behaving here?

It's a different system than I'm used to and it calls for me to start
the program, which apparently has some tkinter based gui, by typing at
the prompt.

iz% python play Cloak

Is this normal to call up two files after python?

~Israel~