[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: For your eyes only - MacPython 2.3b2 installer available

Lance E Sloan lsloan at umich.edu
Wed Jul 9 14:02:33 EDT 2003

--On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 12:00 -0400 pythonmac-sig-request at python.org
wrote:
> It's not that hard to yourself, just
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/python-2.3 && make && make install
> for f in /usr/local/python-2.3/bin/*; do ln -s $f /usr/local/bin; done

Sure, if I were installing Python from source, that's what I'd do.  But I
was trying the MacPython installer that Jack had announced, and I don't
think that includes a "configure" script.  That's why I responded to his
"MacPython 2.3b2 installer" message.

Normally I would install from source, but the last couple of times I did
that and tried to get Tkinter and PyObjC support working, I wasn't having
as much success as others on this list have had.  So I decided to give the
binary installer a shot.

--
Lance E Sloan
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions