[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: For your eyes only - MacPython 2.3b2 installer available

Lance E Sloan lsloan at umich.edu
Tue Jul 8 13:47:30 EDT 2003

[Apologies if this is a duplicate message, my mail program crashed the
first time I sent it and I don't know if it was really sent.]

--On Wednesday, July 2, 2003 23:54 +0200 Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>
wrote:
> You're right about the
> symlinks in /usr/local/bin (python, python2.3, pythonw and pythonw2.3)
> but I tend to forget about these myself:-)

Sorry if I'm behind the times, but this reminds me of a change I'd like to
see in how MacPython's installed.  I'd like all the stuff normally
installed in /usr/local to be installed in /usr/local/python-2.3.  And
/usr/local/bin/python would be a symlink to
/usr/local/python-2.3/bin/python.  I like to keep all the parts of a
package together in one place.

This is my first time installing MacPython.  I will probably move the files
and make the symlinks manually.

BTW, I'm really happy that this version of MacPython has better GUI and
commandline support together.

--
Lance E Sloan
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions