[Pythonmac-SIG] McMillan Installer?

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Mon Jul 7 22:27:07 EDT 2003

Randy Chapel wrote:

> Our company uses the McMillan Installer for the PC.  We need to get
> it to work on the Mac for a project.  From McMillan's site, "With
> some tweaking, the Linux build has been used on Mac OS X."  Has
> anyone gotten it to work on the Mac OS X here on the list.

I once got it to work. The only thing I remember tweaking was
Installer's use of the ldd tool, which OSX lacks. Replacing it with
"otool -L" worked for me. Maybe I did more, but it can't be much.

Another option would be to use 2.3's bundlebuilder (Jack's 2.3b2
installer recommended), and turn your app into an OSX .app bundle
(basically a folder containing everything needed).

Just