[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only - MacPython 2.3b2 installer available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Jul 4 00:17:16 EDT 2003

On donderdag, jul 3, 2003, at 00:58 Europe/Amsterdam, Brian Lenihan
wrote:
> The previously reported PackageManager problem - executable =
> os.path.join(execdir, "python.exe")

This will be fixed with a new installer, later tonight.

> import test.autotest  results in a usage message being printed and a
> traceback:
>
> option -p not recognized
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<input>", line 1, in ?
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/test/
> autotest.py", line 6, in ?
>     regrtest.main()
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/test/
> regrtest.py", line 150, in main
>     usage(2, msg)
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/test/
> regrtest.py", line 114, in usage
>     sys.exit(code)
> SystemExit: 2

Ah, you've been running test.autotest from the PythonIDE! It took me a
while to figure this one out.

The bug has nothing to do with running tests: the IDE has a dirty
sys.argv. I've submitted bug 765603
about it.

> Should the help docs be available in the IDE?  Perhaps they could be a
> package to keep the installer size down.

The Help I want to have available always. It's only 300K (a couple of
html pages and some images).
The full documentation will be installable through the package manager.

> The AquaTk package description does not make it clear to the user what
> should be done other than providing a show homepage button.  My
> previously installed AquaTK works.

Fixed.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>