[Pythonmac-SIG] Packagemanager in new install

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Jul 3 01:06:12 EDT 2003

On woensdag, jul 2, 2003, at 18:52 Europe/Amsterdam, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> Does less than before (when it choked on wxPython). Now
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/Users/deleeuw/Applications/Programming/MacPython-2.3/
> PackageManager.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageManager", line 17, in ?
>     os.execve(executable, sys.argv, os.environ)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> Does it need to be in /Applications ?

Hmm, strange. Did you move the applet after building it (or installing
it from a binary
installer)? Even so, the applets should be robust against this. The
only thing you
should not move is the Python.framework. Did you do so by any chance?
If you did we
should warn against this in the documentation...

To debug this, could you edit the file mentioned in the traceback (it's
a Python script
that is used as the bootstrap in the applet) and just before the
failing os.execve()
print execdir, executable, sys.argv[0] and sys.prefix?

--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -