[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython 2.3a2 on OSX 10.1

John Ehresman jpe@wingide.com
28 Feb 2003 11:44:17 -0500

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 10:48, Just van Rossum wrote:
> John Ehresman wrote:
>
> > It would be nice to support 10.1, particularly since 10.2 is not a
> > free upgrade and some people never upgrade the OS after they buy
> > their computer.
>
> If we were talking about a commercial application, then yes, it's a
> sensible thing to do. So indeed it may make more sense to you than to me
> and Jack...

The approach may be to not break things that work on 10.1 and accept
patches for 10.1, but mark new features / modules as 10.2.  Maybe it
would be a good thing if most everyone updates to 10.1; my experience is
in the win32 world, where many people are still running win98 and some
are on win95.

I'll take a look at the launch script / program later; is the problem
that the first executable run can't be a script or that any executable
run can't be a script?  Would it be acceptable to create a symbolic link
from the main script in Resources to a filename in the bin directory?

John