[Pythonmac-SIG] Cocoa apps in Python?

kevin parks kevin@macosx.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:19:05 +0900

Perhaps this a remedial question, but i was wondering if it is at all
possible to built a cocoa app using Python. I don't know Objective-C
(but someday would like to learn it a bit), am allergic to Java, and in
love with Python. I know that you can use C, C++, and Java to write
Cocoa apps, is there a bridge to use Python? If so, is this really hard
to use? Are there any examples/toots/instructions on this? I know that
in the long run the answer is to use Objective-C, but i am now really
used to Python, love all the built-in goodies, and not looking forward
to learning yet another programing language, i just want to wrap-up
some shell scripts have an get my feet wet with Cocoa and the interface
builder or, is it Project builder? I don't know, i used the NeXT so the
names get all jumbled in my head.

I am just using the built-in Apple compiled Python (I am waiting for
the dust to settle), though i think i've got readlines in there.

Cheers,

kevin parks
seoul, korea